The Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G comes in as a more premium sibling to the standard Reno 5 5G and also a successor to the Oppo Reno 4 Pro 5G. As a successor it packs an improved camera system, slightly bigger battery, makes do with a MediaTek Dimensity processor, all packed a chassis bearing a reminiscing design.
Where to Buy Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers
Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G Key Specs and Features
- 6.55-inch OLED, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate 402 PPI
- Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Mediatek MT6889Z Dimensity 1000+ (7 nm)
- 8GB RAM / 12GB
- 128GB / 256GB Built-in Storage
- 64MP + 8MP + 2MP + 2MP Quad Rear Cameras
- 32MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under display)
- Fast Charging (65W Capacity)
- 4350mAh Non-Removable Li-Po Battery
Design and Display
In a system where new designs are highly appreciated, Oppo seems to be playing a game titled “if it ain’t broke then don’t fix it” they seem to have gotten comfortable with the pattern they began with the Reno 4 series.
To this end, Oppo basically reminisced the design of the earlier released Reno 4 Pro 5G on the newly released Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G, giving enthusiasts nearly nothing to be super pumped about.
However, enthusiasts who didn’t own the previous Reno may find this design super appreciable, owing to the fact that it’s one of the best designs on upper mid-range smartphones.
On the rear, we have a dual-tone pattern, on which you will find a camera module housing four cameras and an LED flash.
Please note that the Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G comes in 5 color variations which include Starry Night, Aurora Blue, Moonlight black, and Star wish red.
The rear camera section bears the major upgrade in the camera department. It bears a 64MP primary camera in lieu of the 48MP we had on the Reno 4 Pro 5G and the standard Reno 5 5G.
The other cameras on the rear of the Oppo Reno 5 include an 8MP f/2.2, a 2MP macro camera with an aperture of f/2.2, and a 2MP depth camera with an aperture of f/2.4.
Selfies are manned by the same single 32MP camera with an aperture of f/2.4 as seen on its predecessor.
Hardware and Software
The performance hardware on the Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G is championed by an Octa-core MediaTek Dimensity 1000+ processor in lieu of the Snapdragon 765 processor as seen on the preceding Reno 4 Pro 5G and the standard Reno 5 5G.
The other performance facilitators include a Mali-G77 MC9 GPU, options for either 8GB or 12GB of RAM, 128GB or 256GB storage options. Give life to this Android smartphone is a non-removable 4350mAh battery, which is by 350mAh bigger than the battery on its predecessor.
On the software side, the Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G runs the ColorOS 11.1 user interface on top of the Android 11 operating system.
The Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port, low-energy Bluetooth 5.1, Dual-band WiFi.
Internet connectivity on here is capped at 5G, which means enthusiasts will be able to utilize 5G connectivity for downloads, streaming, and uploads.
Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G Price and Availability
The price of the Oppo Reno 5 5G starts around $520 for the base 8GB / 128GB variant, which translates to 198,250 in Naira, 57,980 KSH in Kenya, and 3,047 GHS in Ghana.
The Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G was announced on the 10th of December 2020 and is expected to go on sale in January 2021.
Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G Specs
Here are a few specs of the Oppo Reno Pro 5 5G
- Platform: Android 11, ColorOS 11.1
- Processor: Octa-core Mediatek MT6889Z Dimensity 1000+ (7nm+) (4×2.6 GHz Cortex-A77 & 4×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G77 MC9
- Memory: 8GB / 12GB RAM
- Colours: Starry Night, Aurora Blue, Moonlight Black, Star Wish Red
- Dimension: 159.7 x 73.2 x 7.6 mm
- Weight: 173 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.55-inch AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2400 pixels, 90Hz Refresh Rate, 20:9 Ratio, 402 PPI
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64MP (Primary) f/1.7 + 8MP (Ultrawide) f/2.2 + 2MP (Macro) f/2.4 + 2MP (Depth) f/2.4
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, HDR, Panorama, 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60/120fps; gyro-EIS, OIS, HDR, gyro-EIS, HDR
- Front Camera: 32MP Camera, f/2.4, 1080p@30fps, gyro-EIS
- Built-in Storage: 128GB / 256GB
- Memory Card Support: No
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 210
- 3G WCDMA: –
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 18, 19, 20, 26, 34, 38, 39, 40, 41
- 5G: 1, 3, 41, 77, 78, 79 SA/NSA
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: Yes
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Yes, Bluetooth 5.1, A2DP, LE, aptX HD
- NFC: Yes
- Infrared Blaster: –
- USB Port: Yes, USB Type-C
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: No
- Navigation: Dual-band A-GPS, GLONASS, BDS, GALILEO, QZSS
- Maps: Yes, Google Maps
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: –
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes, (Under display)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes, Google Assistant
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: –
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-Removable 4300 mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: SuperVOOC 2.0 (65W Capacity)
The post Oppo Reno 5 Pro 5G Specs, Price and Best Deals appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.