The Tecno Phantom X takes replaces the Phantom 9, to become the new top-of-the-line Tecno smartphone, which has so far been mostly held by members of the Phantom series. On-board this new device, is a more refined chassis, holding an improved hardware with features that define a top-notch smartphone in 2021.
Where to Buy Tecno Phantom X
Jumia Nigeria – See Offers | Jumia Kenya – See Offers | Jumia Ghana – See Offers
Tecno Phantom X Key Specs and Features
- 6.7 inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 Pixels (~385 PPI), 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Android 11, HIOS 7.6
- Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G95 (12 nm) Processor
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB Built-in Storage
- 50MP + 13MP + 8MP Dual Rear Cameras
- 48MP + 8MP Front Camera
- Fingerprint Sensor (Under Display)
- Fast Charging (33W Capacity)
- 4700 mAh Non-removable Li-ion Battery
Design and Display
The Tecno Phantom X design is undoubtedly far from being outlandish, as the design cues used here aren’t actually new to the system. However, there is denying the fact that this design is in a better position in comparison to the one on the Phantom 9.
Curved edges are dominant on this design and can be seen on both the front and back panel. Personally, I feel this design gives it a premium look.
On the rear of this device, you will find a subtle gradient colour system, on which you will find an LED flash, beside a vertical array of three cameras. Also on the rear, is the Tecno Phantom branding, which pretty much informs you about the OEM.
Moving up front, we find a 6.7 inch Super AMOLED display with a dual camera cut and curved edges. This display highlights a resolution of 1080 x 2340 Pixels, a density of ~385 PPI, and a 90Hz refresh rate.
Enthusiasts who decide to purchase this device will have two colour options that include Starry Night Blue and Monet Summer.
The Phantom X packs in cameras that places it up there in the spot of the highest-end cameras on Tecn smartphones currently in existence.
On the rear, we have triple cameras that comprise a 50MP primary camera with an aperture of f/1.9, a 13MP telephoto camera with 2x optical zoom, and an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 120˚field of view. The video recording capability on this camera is capped at 4k @ 60fps.
While upfront, we have a dual-camera setup featuring a 48MP primary camera with an aperture of f/2.2 and an 8MP ultrawide camera with a 105˚ field of view. Video recording on this camera is capped at 1080p @ 30fps.
Hardware and Software
Moving o to performance, the Tecno Phantom X rocks the MediaTek Helio G95 Processor, a Mali-G76 MC4 GPU, 8GB RAM, 256GB built-in storage, a 4700 mAH Li-Po battery and a 33W fast charging mechanism.
scanning through this list of performance facilitators, shows that the only thing in the mid-range category is just the processor, The Phantom X is packed with a ton of power. Maybe next year we would have a Phantom phone in the high-end flagship category. Fingers crossed.
On the software side, we have the HiOS 7.6 user interface running on the Android 11 operating system.
The Tecno Phantom X features a 3.5mm headphone jack, a USB Type-C port with OTG (on-the-go) support, low-energy Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi HotSpot.
Internet connectivity on this device is capped at 4g LTE, which means enthusiasts won’t have access to 5G internet.
Tecno Phantom X Price and Availability
The price of the Tecno Phantom X wasn’t known at the time this article was written. However, it will be updated once it’s made known.
The Phantom X was announced on June 24th, 2021 and is expected to on sale in July.
Tecno Phantom X Specs
Here are a few specs of the Tecno Phantom X:
- Platform: Android 11, HIOS 7.6
- Processor: Mediatek Helio G95 (12 nm) (2×2.05 GHz Cortex-A76 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G76 MC4
- Memory: 8GB RAM
- Colours: Starry Night Blue, Monet Summer
- Dimension: 163.5 x 73.8 x 8.7 mm
- Weight: –
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM
- SIM Count: Dual-SIM
- Display: 6.7-inches Super AMOLED, 1080 x 2340 Pixels, ~91.3% screen-to-body ratio, ~385 PPI, 90Hz Refresh Rate
- Screen Protection: –
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 50MP (Primary) f/1.9, PDAF + 13MP (Telephoto) PDAF, 2x optical zoom + 8MP (Ultrawide) 120˚FOV
- Rear Camera Features: Quad-LED flash, panorama, HDR, 4K@30/60fps, 1080p@30fps
- Front Camera: 48MP (Primary) f/2.2 + 8MP (Ultrawide) 105˚, Dual-LED Flash, 1080p@30fps
- Built-in Storage: 256GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes (Dedicated Slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: –
- 2G GSM: 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- 2G CDMA 1X: –
- 3G WCDMA: 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: –
- HSPA+: –
- CDMA EVDO: –
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0, USB On-The-Go
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: –
- Push Emails: –
- Email Protocol: –
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: –
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: A-GPS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: –
- Barometer: –
- SpO2: –
- Pedometer: –
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (under display, optical)
- Iris Scanner: –
- Face Unlock: –
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: –
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: –
- Built-in Mobile Payment: –
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: –
- Video Editor: –
- Document Viewer: –
- Document Editor: –
- Battery: Non-removable 4700mAh Li-Po Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: 33W Fast Charging Capacity
The post Tecno Phantom X Specs, Price and Best Deals appeared first on Nigeria Technology Guide.